Indian Head Massage ( 35 min or 1 hour session )
This is a traditional Indian technique of treating the upper back, shoulders, neck, face and scalp, with the client remaining fully clothed or using organic oils. The techniques were originally developed by women who used oils, such as sesame, coconut and mustard oil to help keep the hair strong, lustrous and in beautiful condition. In India, a head massage is traditionally performed as part of the treatment given by barbers and masseurs.
I can provide Indian Head Massage as an invigorating, refreshing or a relieving and relaxing treatment to suit your needs. Often this treatment will provide a feeling of inner peace and calm and you will feel a reduction in stress levels and become deeply relaxed.
It is believed that Indian Head Massage works on both a physical and psychological level, ultimately de-stressing the whole body. By massaging the head and shoulders, energies will rebalance and a general feeling of relaxation will be felt. I can offer this treatment with very firm, medium or light pressure and provide the massage from a traditional technique to a more western approach.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Relieving tension that can manifest into headaches and migraines
- Can help to reduce shoulder, neck and thoracic back pain
- Stimulating lymphatic drainage that aids detoxification of the body
- Boosting overall immunity and general well-being
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension
- Increases muscle tone from stimulation of techniques used
- May relieve symptoms of sinusitis
- Can help people suffering insomnia
- May improve mental health, reducing anxiety and depression
- Provides deep relaxation and can melt away stress
- Leaves you feeling calm, peaceful and centred